The Compliance Director, Western Europe and Canada (WEC) is a senior leader of the AbbVie Office of Ethics & Compliance, reporting directly to the Ethics & Compliance Officer, International and Global Commercial. He/she is responsible for providing leadership and direct oversight for AbbVie’s compliance program at the area headquarters and affiliate level. The position is based in Paris, France.
Core Job Responsibilities
The Area Compliance Director performs the following:
- Serve on the International OEC leadership team, helping to set compliance policy to be applied internationally.
- Build a best-in-class compliance organization to support AbbVie’s business in WEC, including hiring talented professionals for open positions, and manage that organization to ensure it is performing at the highest level.
- Assess the existing compliance program at the Area Headquarters level and at the individual country level and identify and implement means by which to enhance it, ensuring that all elements of an effective compliance program are being met in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to all levels of area, regional and affiliate management on complex ethics and compliance issues, including policy interpretation and requirement, compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations. Resolve complex ethics and compliance matters that have significant impact to AbbVie.
- Direct and conduct periodic reviews and updates related to policies and procedures, ensuring clarity, applicability and compliance to OEC policy and external requirements.
- Develop, update, implement and deliver OEC’s comprehensive training program on policies and procedures and also develop and implement training on other environmental risks.
- Help establish a comprehensive monitoring program to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Help direct and oversee the WEC Area Compliance Committee.
- Provide leadership and guidance on proposed commercial programs, identify complex legal and regulatory issues, analyze alternatives and work with legal, as appropriate, to propose solutions to the business.
- Lead cross-functional teams on complex projects or issues.
- Will have several direct reports, including Region Directors and Affiliate Managers, throughout area responsible for individual and/or clusters of countries and associated people management responsibility, with focus on mentoring, coaching, and developing direct reports and others.
- Play a key role in selecting, recruiting and developing team members.
- Report to the Ethics & Compliance Officer, International and Global Commercial.
- Have significant impact on AbbVie’s compliance program through leadership at the area and affiliate level.
- Operate with autonomy and limited day to day supervision
- BA/BS required. JD or CPA, or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with, or exposure to, business functions in the health care industry such as compliance, legal, with strong preference for pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Travel will be required within the Area and occasionally beyond the Area, such as to Chicago.
- Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level Code: D
- Location : Rungis, France
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Apply for Regional Compliance Director, Western Europe and Canada
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.